Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Find Your Missing Items or Post Pics of Items You Have Found!

SRKAY96@aol.com 10/5/2008
Hi,I live south of Dallas and have family at Crystal Beach. I have been torn over the devastation and it is just heartbreaking. My dad lives in sandy shores, and has only a slab left. My aunt and uncle, lives in Sandy shores also and does have their cabin, but the wall blew out and full of mud. Its also pretty much ruint. My dad has only found 3 items in his neighborhood that are his. Sandy Shores was his only home and it just breaks my heart that the little things they left behind are somewhere and might be found someday. I have not seen a website that is dedicated to lost and found items at the beach. I work for our county and my neighbor works for another county and is their IT manager. He gave up his house for a few weeks during Gustav and Ike for my family to stay. He created this website in hopes that the owners can locate their belongings or be able to return someone else property. I visit your site daily and would appreciate if you could add this link. It is on crystalbeach.com & rebuildbolivar.comThank you very much and God Bless the beach and its people.Shelly Kay http://lostinike.blogspot.com
SHELLY-PROUD ARMY MOM



This email has been deleted 10/5/2008


carolyn-simpson@comcast.net 10/5/2008
My dad, Larry Rhoden, lived on Selwyn in Crystal Beach. His cabin is gone, but he is staying with us in Pearland. Our home phone is 281 489-6636 or this email is fine for contact.
Carolyn Simpson"These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day." Habakkuk 2:3 LB
http://www.childrenofpromise.net/julias.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21121637@N04
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=apmama2

sjohnson.rwr@gmail.com 10/5/2008
I am forwarding this email to everyone I can. Please help by using your resources to spread the word and make something happen.

This email is just a rough draft of an idea. Cheryll Moreau just called me. Most of you may have already heard about the "Mid-County Kindness". 30,0000 people! showed up in Bridge City to help clean up. They were from Port Arthur, Nederland, Port Neches, Groves. There were people helping clean up debris, moving furniture, schools made food and passed to workers, Red Cross had hot meals, companies were cooking on Main Street to feed people, people were passing out water to hot workers. This is how we "pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off". I have read countless blogs from people all over (not property owners) but people who have made memories through the years on Bolivar Peninsula. Those blogs are filled with people offering to help in some way. There are some residents of Crystal Beach without the means to clean up and restore. There are people out there now with signs to do the work. Work with a pricetag. We need that too, of course, and there are some who can pay the price. FEMA will pick up the debri (in time) from the side of the road. We don't need it to be carried off. But we do need to pick up the debris scattered on our property and our neighbor's property and stack it on the side of the road. To my Tidlelands Neighbors, pass this around to everyone you know in Tidelands. Because all though I am reaching some of you, I am not reaching all. Let's set a date and get together. Let's all pitch in and clean up Tidelands, Mama T's too! Swede's, Church of Christ, Sherman's. We need to put a Tidelands sign up at 87. I suggest we put blogs up on every site, crystalbeachnews.com,restorebolivar.com, bringbackbolivar.com, jake abby, madnonnie, and anything else any of you can think about. Let's get something on the news. I need help to make this happen. But, I am in and so is Cheryll Moreau. Here's what we need; 30,000 people showing kindness to Crystal Beach! We need heavy equipment, hands, people cooking, everything! Let's start in Tidelands! Please pass this on so we can reach as many people as possible. Please reply back with suggestions. I want to share a story a co-worker just told me... It goes something like this.... A grandfather was walking down the beach with his young grandson. They notices thousands of starfish that had become stranded on the beach. The young boy began picking them up, one by one, and throwing them back into the ocean. The grandfather looked at his grandson and said, "Son, there are too many. You can't possibly save them all". But granddad, he said as he picked one up and threw it into the ocean, "I made all the difference in the world to that one".
-- Stephanie Johnson, CPCExecutive Search Manager
2203 Timberloch, Suite 250
The Woodlands,Texas 77380
281-681-4207 Direct
800-364-7979 ext 7275
281-610-2579 Cell
E-mail : sjohnson@rwr.comPersonal: sjohnson.rwr@gmail.com


No comments: